Reflections

Friday, September 22, 2006

My Omnipresent Shepherd

Yesterday was a beautiful day. A bright, sunny September, temperatures soaring to nearly thirty degrees Celsius. Well, twenty-eight to be exact. Regardless it was pleasantly warm and cheery. I decided to take a walk during my lunch break.

It seemed like everyone had caught on to my idea too. Everyone seemed to be out and about. I passed a field, one I had not noticed before. I saw sheep apparently basking in the afternoon heat. I looked around to see if I could catch sight of their 'shepherd'. My eyes could not locate him/her. Maybe, their shepherd was in some nearby field, I thought.

I thought of my own Shepherd. Jesus. That's His name. He was right there besides me. Taking a stroll with me. I could not see Him but I knew He was with me. I thought how amazing that Jesus could be in more than one 'field' at the same time. He is after all omnipresent. That means He is present everywhere. Always by my side.

'My' sheep in the field looked content and tranquil however. It was a lovely day after all. I hoped their shepherd was not too far away in case they had any needs. Shame their shepherd was not omnipresent like mine.

© September 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home