Reflections

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm Hungry

The pastor at my church declared a day's fast for us today. Fast started at midnight and ends after our mid-week service today. It is nearly 15:45 at this time of writing. I have probably another five hours to go before I can safely tuck into the delights and pleasures of food.

The mere mention of food just seems so amplified, meanwhile. I gazed at my colleague not too long ago happily eating his crisps. I looked at those crisps like something I had never seen before. Yet, I go literally months without indulging in them. Today, I could eat several packets given the chance. And guess what? Yes it's another colleague's birthday today. And he has brought in cakes to share. I am just so happy he is in another department. I have avoided that area like the plague. And you wouldn't believe what else! Another colleague got back from his holiday today in LA, laden (in my humble opinion) with Belgian chocolates. Well one box of chocolates looks 'laden' when you are hungry. Now, if there is any chocolates I would happily eat, it would be Belgian. I dared to take a look at the box a minute ago. Not much left. Oh please leave one or two for me to indulge tomorrow dearest colleagues.

Crucifying flesh. Concentrating on spiritual matters and not carnal desires. That's what we do when we fast. And the enemy so loves to tempt us when we do. I will plod on however. I will not be tempted. So get behind me satan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home