Reflections

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Man Does Not Live By Bread Alone!

Those chocolates I had my eyes on yesterday....guess what? Yes, they're gone. Finished! Devoured! Eaten! The rate at which they were dwindling down yesterday, comes at no surprise. And yes today, there are no birthdays, so no cakes. I don't have too much of a problem with that really. And yes, my colleague is munching at his crisps right about now, but frankly I don't fancy any. In fact I have not even given those crisps as much as a side glance compared to the longing in my popping eyes yesterday. I know he is eating them cause I can hear the rustle of the packet and the 'munch munch' as he happily eats away.

The enemy can't tempt me with food today. I am not hungry. Besides, I can get anything I desire at any time I wish. Satan has left me for a season as he did with Jesus in the wilderness.

But I had a fantastic time at the evening mid-week service yesterday. I basked in His presence. I did not want it to end. In His presence I had no time to think of food. My spirit and soul were fed. Indeed man cannot live by bread alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home