Reflections

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Time Managing Me

Managing time. How good are you at it? Do you get all the things you set out to do? How do you prioritise your time??

A lot seems to be happening round me at the moment. It's all keeping me busy so I am not complaining. After all I am a focused person. I like setting goals and targets and attaining them. But somehow I am feeling very overwhelmed by this 'busyness'. I have missed a few deadlines. I am not happy about this. I am running behind schedule on a few things. Even less happy! This is all making me feel guilty. It is not as if I have been idling away my time. Save for Jane Eyre on Sunday's tv, I have not even glanced at the box all week. Not that I watch telly all that much anyway! So how can I manage my time?

The greatest investment God has given us is time. He gives us all in equal proportion. How we spend it, determines our destiny to a large extent. What I want to know right now is this - am I managing time or is time managing me?

But why fret anyway? All I need do is ask the Holy Spirit to counsel me and help me in this. God, our Father liberally dispenses wisdom if we ask. I will ask Him for wisdom in managing my time. He does not want me rushed off my little feet. He will show me what to do. Outline a plan even. But I must listen too. With His experience in creating the world in 6 days and resting on the 7th, who is better qualified to manage my diary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home